Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What determines your worth?

Had to post this somewhere today. Not happy about my situation, but like the judging of worth by a piece of paper even less. 

Something I need to lay out there folks. I am both long-term unemployed and homeless. Never got unemployment as when I "resigned upon request", never got that in writing, so it was reported I "Quit without notice" which even in a right to work state, denies you unemployment benefits. That was a decision made by some chumps with degrees. So, when folks try saying a degree makes you a better person, well, you can conjure as to why I might disagree with that.

A degree is a piece of paper, issued by others who have them as well, that just says you studied, maybe actually learnt something, and paid for it, or had others pay for it. Under NO circumstance does a degree convey wisdom, mercy, or true intelligence. Don't believe me? Your choice.

Folks who measure worth often equate some piece of paper, be it a deed, degree, or stacks of cash or stocks as worth. The true worth of a person is in the three areas I spoke of. I may not be as wise as Solomon was said to be, may have lapses in my mercy, and not as intelligent as once showed promise to be, but I have a worth.

Do you really have the worth your think you do? Meet the eyes of the person in the mirror when you answer. They might disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment