Thursday, September 18, 2014

Unreasonable...?

Folks often say I'm being unreasonable when I draw a line in the sand, and say: "No more." What they fail to see is how far I have already, by that point, compromised my personal beliefs, giving way to their will.

So, as I wrap up my last few days in a Society I find to be unreasoning, lacking in the ability to compromise with me, I have to make a few last jabs at the inflated egos that needled me that way, over the years.

Where were my compromises? Gee, let's take a look.

I have long held that Saturday was MY Sabbath, but few ever honored that belief, demanding I not only work my Sabbath day, but theirs as well, to cover for their never showing for a shift or job. Which I did, yes, while complaining, but I did it.

I used to have a copy of a one week pay stub with one hundred hours on it. Yeah, I work overtime, many times to the detriment of my health, mental and physical. I did it, but pushed for a reduction in over-utilization of resources, as humans have limits, both socially set, and physical.

I rarely took all my time off at companies, not from lack of desire, but lack of opportunity. You see, someone had to cover other folks' time off to relax, and it far too often was me.


Politically, few hold the same views I do, so when I raised mine, and got slapped around for them, or objected to others jamming theirs down my throat through intimidation or threats, they screamed I was insane. Well, you folks are all getting your ways, so I'll just sit back, trying to resist the urge to say: "Saw that coming." when your house of cards collapses.

There are many such events. Folks tell me to stop lying, then turn around to urge me to lie if that is what it takes to get a job... fools. Don't you see that is where the issue is, that your society is then built on lies, and truth becomes just something no one ever wants to hear?

There are many more issues, where others were just as unreasonable as me. But one stands out in my mind, right now, being so close in time.

Is it really so unreasonable to think hiring the guy who never got a dime of Unemployment, over some one who already has a job, but just feels the need to jump for another, is fair?

Think about that one. I know I do, and my conclusions about those who passed me over, well, to say the least, be glad I will not sit as judge or jury, come that fabled Judgement Day so many boast of being able to bypass through just believing in certain things, not living them.

We are at WA minus eleven days, and counting. Not a very big window of opportunity left to change my mind about walking away, to be the modern "Man Without a Country".

No comments:

Post a Comment